Frequently the ground-breaking innovation and outstanding projects in tunnelling and underground space utilization, are the purpose of the international competition “the ITA Tunnelling Awards” for rewarding.
The 7th edition of the international tunnelling and underground space awards welcomes new applications, ITA is now calling for new candidates to apply.
In 2021, while it will be again a digital event the ITA Awards will have a brief change in the categories to better determine what is envisaged in this year’s category, “Beyond Engineering – Making Underground Works Projects Even Better” instead of it previously being called “Overcoming the challenges”.
The nomination procedure is like below and the Entries can be submitted in 8 categories:
- Major Project of the Year – over €500 million
- Project of the Year – between €50 million & €500 million
- Project of the Year Incl. Renovation – up to €50 million
- Technical Innovation of the Year
- Beyond Engineering – making underground works projects even better
- Oddities of the Underground
- Innovative & contributing underground spaces
- Young Tunneller of the Year
The determined deadline for Entries is June 30, 2021 and here you can find the submission requirements and selection process.
Nominations for the different categories must be related to projects for which the major civil engineering work was completed between 1st January 2019 and 1st April 2021.
The youth person who is born after 1/ 01/ 1986 and has brought a prominent contribution to tunnelling will receive The Young Tunneller of the Year reward.
For further information, please visit this website.