In order to giving the very first Doug Allenby Memorial Medal, to be awarded at the BTSYM Conference in 2022, the British Tunneling Society Young Members (BTSYM) is inviting entries.
The eligibility conditions are: working in the tunneling and underground space sector (having up to 10 years’ relevant experience), presenting a remarkable contribution to either the industry, a project, or to a team. Such as:
- Suitable cooperation in the industry which can be showed by involvement with BTSYM, research and development activities, extensive mentoring of those in their early careers, implementing or leading outreach initiatives etc., or
- A contribution to a project which can be demonstrated through technical excellence, commitment to a project, delivering complicated work-packages, innovation, etc., or
- Illustrating effective contribution to a team which can be demonstrated through ability to manage and lead, initiatives to mentor and upskill colleagues, championing innovative solutions, etc.
The required documents for applicants who wish to be considered for the medal are:
- A statement (max. two A4 pages) detailing how they meet the desired attributes and criteria.
- A copy of their CV, and
- A reference or endorsement letter from their line manager, a senior member of their team (director, tunnel manager, etc.), or a senior member of the industry. The BTS/BTSYM reserves the right to contact the endorser for further information regarding the applicant.
The deadline for submitting applications, with all required documents, at BTSYM@britishtunnelling.com is 18.00hrs on 6 February 2022.
Further information is available here.