The Sydney Metro West project is right on track to shortlist a preferred consortium in mid-2021 in order to deliver the Central Tunnelling Package. Following, you could find a list of tenderers:
- John Holland, CPB Contractors and Ghella Australia Joint Venture (JHCPBG JV)
- Gamuda and Laing O’Rourke Australia Joint Venture (GALC JV)
- Acciona Australia and Ferrovial Australia Joint Venture (AF JV)
The initial construction comprises of twin tunnels 11km in length, stretching from The Bays to Sydney Olympic Park. The Sydney Metro West project will connect Greater Parramatta and the Sydney CBD, featuring:
- world-class metro services.
- seven new to be built stations (Westmead, Parramatta, Sydney Olympic Park, North Strathfield, Burwood North, Five Dock, and The Bays)
- increasing rail transit capacity
- creating more than thousands of job opportunities
Meanwhile, the Tunnel Boring Machine will be delivered at The Bays Station in late-2020. In recognition of the size of the project, the excavation and tunneling phase will be divided based on the geographically-specific contracts.
What is your reaction?