Nominations for the ITA Tunneling and Underground Space Awards are now open.
Holding by the International Tunneling and Underground Space Association, the Awards recognize innovation, technologies and outstanding projects in tunneling and underground construction.
Involving the return of an award for product/equipment, there are eight categories in this event.
This year’s categories are:
- Major Project of the Year – over €500m
- Project of the Year – between €50m & €500m
- Project of the Year including renovation – up to €50m
- Technical Innovation of the Year
- Beyond Engineering – making underground works projects even better
- Product/Equipment Innovation of the Year
- Innovative Underground Space Use
- Young Tunneller of the Year
The determined date for completing the major civil engineering work of nominations is between March 1, 2019 and April 1, 2022, while the Young Tunneller of the Year rewards someone born after January 1, 1986 and who has brought an outstanding contribution to tunneling.
The winners will be announced at a virtual ceremony at the end of the year.
The closing date for entries is July 8, 2022.
More information, including submission requirements, can be found on the ITA Tunnelling Awards website.