The seventh edition of the ITA Tunneling Awards 2021, which was held in order to identify the best and most innovative tunneling projects worldwide, has currently announced its final list.
Below are the seven award categories:
- Major Project of the Year (with a budget over €500)
- Project of the Year (with a budget between €50 and €500m)
- Project of the Year Incl. Renovation (with a budget up to €50m)
- Technical Innovation of the Year
- Beyond Engineering
- Innovative and Contributing Underground Spaces
- Young Tunneller of the Year
While the last five editions of these Awards were held as in-person events in Switzerland, Singapore, France, China and the US, this year, as in 2020, for reasons of safety and in accordance with pandemic restrictions, the awards are due to be presented in an online presentation near the last days of November (exact date to be confirmed). The determined date for winner’s celebration will be 2 December 2021.
For further details about the finalists please click here.