Sydney Metro – Western Sydney Airport project has awarded $538.5 million construction contract.
About 10.4 kilometer of surface and civil works will be derived by CPB Contractors and United Infrastructure. the contract includes below items:
- 3.5 kilometers of elevated viaduct at Orchard Hills and Luddenham
- 6.7 kilometers of earthworks for track formation
- A 190-metre-long rail bridge over the new M12 motorway
- A 20-metre-long rail bridge within the airport
- Temporary and permanent access roads
- Bulk earthworks for the stabling and maintenance facility site.
Greater Western Sydney is responsible for at least 20 percent of the workforce mentioned in the contract.
It is expected to award the third and final major contract package at the end of this year.
The Sydney Metro is jointly funded by the Australian and NSW governments will bring 140000 job opportunity.