Two Requests for Proposals (RFPs) as provision packages for the Ontario Line subway project have been presented by Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Metrolinx. The shortlisted teams, have been asked to propose on the Ontario Line Southern Civil, Stations and Tunnel (South) package and the Ontario Line Rolling Stock, Systems, Operations and Maintenance (RSSOM) package.
The Request for Qualifications (RFQ) process, that has started its activity in June 2020, was the criteria for choosing the teams. The criteria included design, construction, operations and maintenance experience, and the financial capacity to deliver projects of this size and complexity.
Three teams were in the final list for the Ontario Line RSSOM package.
Their initial team members are:
- Applicant Lead: Plenary Americas, Hitachi Rail STS SpA, Japan Infrastructure Initiative Co. Ltd., Webuild SpA, Transdev Canada
- Design Team: Hitachi Rail Canada, Webuild/Astaldi Canada Design & Construction, IBI Group Professional Services (Canada) Inc.
- Construction Team: Hitachi Rail Canada, Webuild/Astaldi Canada
- Maintenance and Rehabilitation Team: Hitachi Rail Canada, Transdev Canada
- Operations Team: Hitachi Rail Canada, Transdev Canada
- Financial Advisor: National Bank Financial Inc., Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- Applicant Leads: Aecon Concessions, Siemens Project Ventures, Keolis SA
- Design Team: Siemens Mobility, Hatch Inc.
- Construction Team: Aecon Infrastructure Management, Siemens Mobility
- Maintenance and Rehabilitation Team: Siemens Mobility, Aecon O&M, Keolis Canada
- Operations Team: Aecon O&M, Keolis Canada
- Financial Advisor: Scotia Capital
- Applicant Lead: John Laing, Alstom Transport Canada,
- Design Team: Alstom Transport Canada, Parsons
- Construction Team: Alstom Transport Canada, FCC Construction Canada, Amico Infrastructures, Pomerleau Inc., Mass Electric Canada
- Maintenance and Rehabilitation Team: Alstom Transport Canada, Deutsche Bahn International Operations, SMRT International
- Operations Team: Alstom Transport Canada, Deutsche Bahn International Operations, SMRT International
- Financial Advisor: HSBC Securities (Canada)
The prime team members of three teams, which were shortlisted for Ontario Line South package, are:
Community Transit Link
- Applicant Lead: Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc., Dragados Canada Inc., STRABAG Inc.
- Design Team: Arup Canada Inc., Hatch Ltd.
- Construction Team: Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc., Dragados Canada Inc., STRABAG Inc.
- Financial Advisor: ACS Infrastructure Canada Inc., Aecon Concessions, National Bank Financial Inc.
- Applicant Leads: Webuild S.p.A., Astaldi Canada Enterprises Inc., Amico Infrastructures Inc., Saipem S.p.A.
- Design Team: IBI Group Professional Services Canada Inc., Arcadis Canada Inc.
- Construction Team: Webuild S.p.A., Astaldi Canada Design & Construction Inc., Amico Infrastructures Inc., Saipem S.p.A.
Ontario Transit Group
- Applicant Lead: Ferrovial Construction Canada Inc., VINCI Construction Grands Projets
- Design Team: AECOM Canada Ltd., COWI North America Ltd., GHD Limited, SENER Group
- Construction Team:Ferrovial Construction Canada Inc., Janin Atlas Inc.
- Financial Advisor: HSBC
The presented proposals by teams, should include the detailed report of how they will deliver these projects. IO and Metrolinx anticipate to conclude the contracts in 2022, after surveying the bids received.
A system of initial works projects for bridge, track and other preliminary activities in chosen locations along the Ontario Line alignment, such as the joint rail corridor where the Ontario Line will operate next to existing GO Transit rail services, will also be placed. The intended contracts will be provided through a common procurement approach.
For implementation of the Greater Toronto Area, four preference transit projects were issued by the Province in 2019, that the Ontario Line is one of them. Provision for the subway program is being staged to ensure each project is delivered successfully. Planning is subjected for all four projects.